We are continuing a series of episodes comparing Jesus to superheroes. This series will tackle wrong ideas about Jesus from church history in chronological order. A superhero will represent each of these ideas.
Is Jesus Like Thor?
We answer this question by answering the following:
Who is Thor?
What are things that Jesus and Thor seem to have in common?
What does it mean for Jesus to be the "Son of God"?
What is Arianism and Subordinationism?
This episode is part 1 of answering this question because there is a lot of history to cover. This episode discusses the following:
- The major Christian persecutions from the first through the fourth centuries
- The rise of Constantine as emperor of the whole Roman empire
- Constantine's victory over Maxentius at the Battle of the Milvian Bridge
- The conflict between team Alexander and team Arius over Christology in Alexandria, Egypt
- Arius' teachings in his poem Thalia.
- Constantine's letter to Alexander and Arius to stop arguing
- The start of the Council of Nicea in 325 AD.
1 Corinthians 13:8,13
Scott Smith, "Is the Thor Myth Based on Jesus?"
Wisconsin Lutheran College, "Arius - Thalia," "Fourth Century Christianity."
Ibid., "Documents of the Early Arian Controversy – Emperor Constantine to Alexander of Alexandria and Arius," "Fourth Century Christianity."
Like what you hear? Donate to Truthspresso and give a shot of support!